Are you looking to make a difference in your community? The Lupus Society of Alberta (LSA), an Alberta registered non-profit organization, is looking for an Executive Director to help lead us into the future. Based in Calgary at the Kahanoff Centre, we promote and provide Education and Support for the Lupus community across Alberta. We are a small, entrepreneurial organization looking for someone with boundless energy and a wide range of skills to work with our Board of Directors to fulfil our mandate.
If you have a passion for improving the quality of life for people with chronic illness, and want to help the LSA make a difference with this community, please apply!
- All daily operations of the LSA, ensuring that LSA’s mission, vision, values are appropriately reflected while responding to LSA member/public inquiries, including providing support and referrals; providing LSA members/public with informal and formal education and learning opportunities; increasing public awareness and visibility for lupus; advancing/furthering knowledge and research in lupus or lupus related issues; and cultivating effective relationship and partnerships with key stakeholders/volunteers
- Responsible for guiding the vision and direction of the LSA - in collaboration with the Board of Directors.
- Financial oversight of the LSA budget, revenue and expenses
- Interacting with governmental/quasi-governmental bodies to ensure that the society and organization is compliant and kept in good standing
- Overseeing development and management of the LSA's social media presence, staff/volunteer management and training, fundraising, events and marketing operations.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Working knowledge of non-profit leadership, management and governance (8 yrs. experience is required)
- Volunteer recruitment, management and recognition
- Stakeholder engagement, networking, partnership and collaboration
- Event coordination and management (including large scale events such as walks/runs)
- Ability to balance strategic priorities with operational/business needs
- Build rapport and provide appropriate support/guidance for individuals/families experiencing lupus
- Self-Starter with the wherewithal to work independently
- Strong Business acumen and entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent Budgeting and financial reporting skills
- Experience liaising with a Board of Directors, including board coordination and governance is an asset
- A history of developing Social media, communication and marketing programs
- Fundraising proficiency and success
- Grant identification, preparation and application
- Experience with lupus and or other autoimmune diseases/disorders is an asset
- Post-secondary education in a related field is required (i.e. Business, Finance, Non-profit Management/Administration, etc.)
- Position is located in Calgary
- Must be available to participate/attend evening and weekend meetings and events
- Occasional travel would be required for out of city events (i.e. Walk/Run events, Educational days)
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- 30 hours per week, flexible hours
- Parking included
- The opportunity to positively make a difference with families struggling with chronic illness
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org