November 03, 2018
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Kahanoff Centre, 2nd Floor
105-12 Ave SE Calgary AB T2G 1A1
The Lupus Society of Alberta is hosting an Education Day in Calgary on November 3, 2018!
Education Day: The Role of Genetics and Ethnicity in Lupus will be held on the 2nd Floor of the Kahanoff Centre (105-12 Ave SE, Calgary AB, T2G 1A1).
This space is wheelchair accessible.
- - - - -
The program is as follows:
- 9:00am - Check in and registration
- 9:30am - Keynote speaker Christine Peschken, MD, MSc, FRCPC, on CaNIOS research and First Nations clinical experience
- 10:45am - Deborah Levy, MD, MSc, FRCPC, on paediatric lupus
- 11:45am - Britt Simmons, MD, on hospital procedures
- 12:15pm - Lunch (*Option to buy lunch ticket with registration)
- 1:15pm - Ann Clarke, MD, MSc, FRCPC, on Accessing Healthcare Panel with Dr. Peschken, Dr. Levy, and Dr. Simmons
- 2:15pm - Lorie Jane Bagay, RN, on practicing self-care with lupus
- 2:45pm - Kacy Nishimura, BSc, MScPT, on physiotherapy and gentle exercise for lupus patients
- 4:00pm - Closing
There is no charge to attend Education Day. Attendees can purchase a $20 lunch ticket with registration (please note any food restrictions at the time of registration), or have the option to bring their own lunch or explore food options nearby.
Please register by October 26, 2018. You can register online by clicking the link to our Canada Helps page, or by calling into us Toll Free at 1-888-242-9182, or at 403-228-7956.
Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns.